East-Harju Partnership is one of the 26 LEADER Local Action Groups (LAG) in Estonia.
Our LAG joins together territories of 4 municipalities (Aegviidu, Anija, Kose and Raasiku municipality) that are situated in the eastern part of Harju county, close to the capital Tallinn.
- Population (01.01.2016): 18 355 inhabitants.
- Area: 1223,74 km2
East Harju Partnership LAG was established in 2008.
The main goal of East-Harju Partnership is to develop our area and help to create better living and working conditions and possibilities in our area.
To reach this goal, East-Harju Partnership is implementing LEADER strategy in our area. Also other possibilities and funds are being used to develop our area.
LEADER strategy for the period 2015 – 2023 was approved in 2015.
Priorities for the period 2015-2023 are:
- Developing local tourism
- Improving the use of local resources (special focus on local food)
- Cooperation (encouraging international and local cooperation)All cooperation ideas and project proposals are welcome.
Local LEADER strategy 2008 – 2013 was completed in 2009.
The priorities of the 2008 – 2013 strategy were:
- Improving the quality of life in rural areas
- Implementing new technologies